Recipe for Pulled Pork – Smoky Pulled Pork
During a cool day, this recipe is perfect! You can get the smoky flavors of the barbeque inside your house with this smoky pulled pork recipe without even stepping outside. The secret is in the ingredients. You can still take these basic flavors and create a delicious BBQ recipe for the summer though!
Recipe for Pulled Pork – Ingredients
- 1 (4 to 6 lb.) Pork Shoulder
- 4 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 to 2 tbsp Treacle
- Hot Sauce to taste
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 bottle of preferred Barbecue Sauce
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp Ketchup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter or Margarine
Recipe for Pulled Pork – Directions
- Without removing bones and fat (to be removed later), insert shoulder into crock pot and add the following to the meat: salt, pepper, vinegar, liquid smoke and treacle. Cook on low for about 10 hours (will vary depending on the crock pot).
- Remove the pork and drain the liquid. Remove and discard any bones and fat. Shred meat using two forks, or other preferred shredding method, and return the deboned and trimmed shoulder to the crock pot (which is still set to low heat).
- Sauté the onion in the butter and add to the meat in the crock pot. Now add the barbecue sauce, ketchup, hot sauce and more salt and pepper if desired. Keep the crock pot set on warm or low to heat, about 10 minutes.
- Remove everything from the crock pot, serve with buns and enjoy!
Add tomatoes, coleslaw, onions, pickles, mayonnaise, mustard and more hot sauce for the ultimate smoky pulled pork sandwich. Just like hamburgers, hotdogs, and chicken, pulled pork is a summer favorite that you can enjoy at any time of the year!