Recipe for Pulled Pork - Basic Pulled Pork
A sweet and spicy mixture that includes the directions on how to cook the pulled pork using a smoker. Brown sugar and apple cider vinegar add a certain tart sweetness to the pork while spicier ingredients like cayenne powder kick up the heat in this pulled pork.
Recipe for Pulled Pork – Ingredients
Makes 8 servings
- 5 lbs boneless Pork Butt
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Paprika
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Hot Water
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cayenne Powder
Recipe for Pulled Pork – Directions
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper, dry mustard and cayenne. Coat the pork shoulder with the dry rub and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the smoker and prepare for an 8 to 10 hour smoke.
- Make sure the wood chips are soaked and drained before using. Add charcoal and wood chips as necessary to keep temperature low, or between 215 and 225°F.
- Smoke the pork shoulder for about 8 hours, or until internal temperatures reach 185°F.
- Once the pork is cooked remove it from the smoker. Wrap the pork tightly in aluminum foil and allow it to sit for an hour. Unwrap pork butt and shred.
- In a bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, hot water, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper and cayenne to make the sauce. Combine the pork with 1/3 of the table sauce. Keep warm and serve on buns with the rest of the sauce on the side.