Recipe for Pulled Pork – Thanksgiving Pulled Pork
A delicious Fall themed pulled pork that has the crisp and sweet flavors of apple cider, sliced apples, butternut squash and parsnips. This recipe requires little prep, but delivers on the flavor with no added barbeque sauce. To bring out the sweet flavors, try serving the pulled pork on honey oat bread, or molasses bread with a delicious apple butter in place of barbeque sauce.
Recipe for Pulled Pork – Ingredients
Makes 8 servings
- 2 lbs boneless Pork Shoulder, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 (10.75 oz) canCampbell’s® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider or Apple Juice
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples, cut into thick slices
- 3 cups Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2″ pieces
- 2 medium Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme Leaves, crushed
Recipe for Pulled Pork – Directions
- Into the slow cooker, stir together the cut pork, the soup, apple cider, Granny Smith apple slices, the cute butternut squash, the cut parsnips and dried thyme.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the pork is fork-tender.
Recipe for Pulled Pork – Tips
For quicker cooking, this pulled pork can be cooked in the slow cooker on high for 4 to 5 hours.
For a thicker sauce, add 1/4 cup of white flour and 1/2 cup of water together and mix until well-combined. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker after the other ingredients have fully cooked. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes, or until the sauce comes to a boil and has thickened.
Add some more spices to this recipe like cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Also add chunks of pumpkin if you wish.
Look at a twist in this recipe for pulled pork.